Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day 12


DAY 12 – Last day in Nam

This was our last day in Nam and I can honestly say it was the best day so far. We had so much fun with the soccer match with our Vietnamese counterparts and exchanging gifts was really nice. I got a gift from Hoang Thang and I gave him and 2 other people a shirt. They were all so nice to us. They destroyed us in both basketball and soccer, but the good news is our ladies soccer team won. Yay.

It was a lot of fun regardless though. We took a lot of pictures and I’ve become friends with most of my Vietnamese friends on Facebook, including Tin Tin!!

After the game was over we were utterly exhausted and drenched with sweat. It was so hot outside. I was dehydrated. We went back to the hotel, showered and rested up. For dinner we went on a wonderful boat ride. It was gorgeous. I got to see the city of Vietnam at night and just chill and talk to my friends one last time. It was the perfect send off dinner. I  really miss Vietnam already and I haven’t even left. I gained a lot from this trip. Great friendships, wonderful life experiences, and the ability to visit a beautiful cultured country with some of the most amazing people I’ve met. I’m so thankful for Dr. Berman for putting all this together for us and Mike for being a bro and helping us get through it all. It was amazing. I plan on staying touch with everyone throughout my years of college.

No comments:

Post a Comment