Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day 6 – CU CHI TUNNELS!!!

Today was exhausting. We went to the cu chi tunnels. I just got back and I feel more tired than I’ve felt all trip. Spending close to 5-6 hours outside in this weather really drains you. That being said the tunnels were very interesting. The history behind them is even more captivating. I learned a lot about the Vietnam war and the importance of the tunnels.

In my personal opinion, 95% of the wars that anyone has ever fought have been
utterly pointless. War is stupid. But this has to be one of the stupidest wars of them all. Call it the war of American Aggression or The Vietnam War, it doesn’t matter. It accomplished nothing but destruction and turmoil. It devastated a land and resulted in the loss of millions of lives. I’m trying to become a bioengineer because I believe myself to be a problem solver, but also because I want to help improve lives. Just thinking of the magnitude of the loss of life that occurred in this war sickens me. All for the sake of promoting an undeveloped ideology of freedom. What is democracy if it’s being forced upon a people that does not want or need it? It’s Tyranny.

The cu chi tunnels were definitely interesting, but I would not say they were enjoyable. I think my personal feelings toward wars prevented me from enjoying them as much as others.


My roommate just came out of the shower, so I’m going to freshen up and enjoy a night of legal alcoholic endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment