Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day 7


Tired Atharva. Big Jesus. Awesome Beach. Greatest meal of my life.

Best. Day. Ever.

I woke up exhausted as usual and ate more weird stuff at breakfast. On the bus I fell asleep and by the team we got to big Jesus I was feeling more upbeat. I won’t lie, I didn’t care much for climbing stairs for about 20 minutes just to see a huge Jesus, considering I’m Hindu, but the experience turned out to be enjoyable nonetheless. Many of my friends on the trip are Christian themselves so they really enjoyed getting inside Jesus and taking pictures. I got to relax and enjoy the view as well.

After an hour or so we went to the beach. And oh my gosh it was gorgeous. It was the stillest water I’ve ever seen. The waves were virtually nonexistent. It was a great experience. We had a ton of fun and some much needed down time. I made a really good Vietnamese friend named Nguyen. He plays soccer extremely well and we were actually playing on the beach with Jared and Scott. It was a lot of fun.

I’ve become close with everyone on this trip so far. We’re a really tightly knit group of people now and really enjoy hanging out with every one of them. I’m really excited about how this trip is shaping up so far and I can’t wait for next week. Today was a nice break though. Feeling rejuvenated and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment